Sunday, September 26, 2010

Review: Pantene 3 Minute Miracle Treatment

Being a skeptical consumer, I tune out to alot of the marketing hype when dramatisation and words of puffery are thrown around in product promotions, as is often the case. But there's always a tiny part in me that hopes that the product does live up to its claims.

So when a product name contains the word 'miracle', of course I do a double take and had to check it out myself.

Pantene 3 Minute Miracle Treatment 

Pantene 3 Minute Miracle Treatment Ingredients
  • Designed to be incorporated into your regular hair care regime, this weekly product is a cream treatment for use after shampoo and conditioner 
  • Comes in 15ml tubes with twist off cap. If you have shorter hair, a tube will easily last 2 treatments. Longer or thicker hair will probably use it all up in one go. 
  • Promises to repairs breakages & damages with amino pro-vitamins and vitamin E and prevent further damage. 
  • Penetrates hair and hydrates it from the inside. 
  • Smooth down hair culticle with ingredients that mimics natural hair cuticle to smooth it down 
As previously mentioned, I have very brittle hair and is prone to split ends and breakages from even gentle hair brushing. I used 1/2 a tube after my normal washing and conditioning routine and concentrated at massaging the product into the ends of my hair.


How it Performed
  • After 1 use, hair was smoother and silkier to touch. Fly-aways were tamed and hair felt lightweight but full of body. 
  • After a week of use, there were much less hair breakages/fallout when brushing hair (about 60% reduction using my non-scientific judgement). 
  • No addition to new split ends.
  • Everyday feels like a good hair day and hair was more managable and not prone to frizz. 
  • Increased shine and health in hair. 
So while I don't think this is a miracle product, it certainly is fantastic at turning around my brittle damaged hair and preventing new damage to it. The fact that I don't need to use any additional styling products to keep it looking healthy and frizz free is an added bonus for me. I will continue to use this until something miraclulous comes along to cure my mane issues in just 1 treatment (that truly will be a miracle).

Rating: 9.5/10. Inexpensive and readily available, this should be added as a weekly treatment if you hair feels slightly stressed and is prone to breakage. RRP A$7.99 for 3 x15ml at leading supermarkets and pharmacies.

I requested and received this product from Proctor & Gamble as part of a recent nationwide promotion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. Your feedback is appreciated.