Friday, September 17, 2010

Review: Nivea Visage Young: Be Beautiful! Tinted Moisturiser (natural)

Following my last post on Nivea's tinted day cream, I thought I'd get into reviewing another tinted moisturiser and do a little comparison post. I found this lying in my younger brother's room the other day and thought I'd try it out for comparison again the Nivea Q10 tinted day wear.

Nivea Visage Young: Be Beautiful! Tinted Moisturiser (natural)
  • Marketed towards the younger age groups (teens to early 20s) who generally have supple & well hydrated skin so only need minimal boost in hydration levels.
  • Light fresh scent - has a pleasant citrusy smell to cream. 
  • lightweight oil-free formula, dries and absorbs into very quickly so need quick actions to blend into skin before product dries.
  • Non-pore clogging formula is great for oily and problem prone skins. 
  • Provides a matte finish. Initially very orange with a pink beige base on my medium skin, after a few minutes of settling down, it does adapt better to my skin tone and provides coverage akin to wearing a sheer foundation. 
  • Can accentuate dry patches on skin with its pigment and its low hydration properties. 
Compared with Nivea Q10 tinted day wear
L-R: Be Beautiful!, Q10 Anti-wrinkle 
  • There is no SPF rating in this product which is a shame, young skin needs sun protection too so that's a big minus from me. It mentions there are UVA/UVB filters but it's unlikely to be at a high enough level to warrant leaving out a separate sunscreen application. 
  • Natural tint was not so natural on my skin. The formula is more opaque for Be Beautiful! tinted moisturiser than the Q10 tinted day wear and being not as sheer, was harder to match my skin tone - it also has a pink/beige undertone and would suit those which such colourings while the Q10 tinted day wear is more versatile and would complement both cool or warm skin tones. 
  • Obviously not as hydrating or rich as the Q10 tinted day wear, but given its younger market audience, this is not a negative since skin has different needs according to our age. 
L-R: Be Beautiful!, Q10 anti-wrinkle. Q10 complements me more.
I personally prefer the Nivea Q10 tinted day cream for its anti-aging ingredients, sunscreen properties and rich hydrating levels on my no longer so young skin. Nivea Young Be Beautiful! is cheap and cheerful and a good option for teens looking for a light moisturiser with a bit of coverage to give the look of a healthy complexion. This is worth trying if you have oily skin but if it doesn't end up working for you, it won't be the end of the world because it didn't break the bank.

Rating: 6.5/10. RRP A$9.95 at supermarkets, Priceline and leading pharmacies.

1 comment:

  1. Nice review, but I haven't seen Nivea Visage Young in my country. Though I think I'd choose Q10, in a few years, not now :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. Your feedback is appreciated.