Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Calvin Klein Dark Obsession for Men

Today I have a review of Calvin Klein's latest mens' fragrance to share with you. To get an impartial view from the stronger sex, I've enlisted the help of a male friend to give me his view of this latest juice offering.

Calvin Klein Dark Obsession for Men
Official marketing description and packaging
Branded as a bold, modern oriental fragrance that is powerfully masculine and intensely sensual. Its sleek and matte black bottle with silver writing gives it an edgy feel and helps to portray the essence of bold, powerful and sexy.

He says:
At first, there is a slight fruitiness and sweetness smell I can't quite put my finger to. Actually, the overall scent is fairly light with a bit of spiciness and musky intonation that remind me of some sort of fresh potpourri.

I'd say this is not a winter scent as it's very light - more like a spring or autum scent that wears well for a 3 to 4 hours on the skin before becoming a light nice soapy smell.

The name Dark Obsession seems to be a misnomer because this fragrance is not dark - it's a light vibrant scent that is that too sweet to be dark.  And even though I'm not obsessed with the scent, if my girl digs it, and she gave it to me, I'd wear it to keep her obsession with me going.


She says:
The first scent that comes through are woody and green pines notes with just the just right level of aromatics zing that is refreshing to the nose. It seems to also be infused with a warm vanilla undertone that softens the sharpness and suggest a complexity and sophistication and softer side of this fragrance.

Normally, I'm not a fan of aromatic scents but the light sweetness here have made me changed my mind on aromatics. Once the intensity comes off,  Dark Obsession transform into a smooth blend of sensual smoky warm notes over a light sweet base that comes together harmoniously.

Dark Obsession promises exhibits a fine balance of masculinity and gentleness. Contrary to its name, it isn't a dark perfume as it is not heady or overpowering. The boldness and power isn't strong here but it is definitely sexy  with its smoky aromatics and I can see myself becoming obsessed with its wearer.

The official notes:
Top: brazilian green mandarin, guarana, absinthe
Mid: : french clary sage, fir balsam, white vetiver
Base:  madagascar vanilla bean, labdanum, suede
Family: aromatics oriental

Calvin Klein Dark Obsession for Men EDT - 75ml | 125ml  for  A$69 | A$99 at Myer, David Jones and selected pharmacies.

This featured product was provided for editorial consideration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. Your feedback is appreciated.