Monday, April 2, 2012

Estee Lauder Pure Lip Color – Crystal Honey

I’m a sucker for glittery and shimmer lips and have always wanted to expand my collection of lip products with a shimmer or pearl as I think they are most flattering on lips.

My recent purchase towards expanding my shimmer lipstick collection is from Estee Lauder Pure Color Crystal range.

Estee Lauder Pure Colour Crystal - Crystal Honey RRP A$45
With the signature light plum scent on application, the pure lip colour crystal range give a sheer buildable coverage that tints lips with just the right amount of colour and leave a medium shine.

They also have a pearl & iridescent shimmer finish that catches the light to give lips the appearance of extra volume.

It has a beautiful formula; creamy yet hydrating and sits comfortably on lips for a good 60 minutes or so before needing any touch-ups.

Crystal Honey is a honey beige shade with a warm undertone. It looks quite neutral on my lips and if not for the iridescent shimmer, would look quite bland. But as you can see below, shade is only one factor and add in the bling, and you turn something rather dull into an exquisite shade that I can happily apply throughout the day at work.


Don’t you think this shade gives beautiful luscious lips?
Do you like shimmer lip sticks? What lipstick finish do you prefer?

Pure Lip Colour Crystal range is available in 12 permanent shades and additional seasonal additional at Myer, David Jones stores. I think Crystal Honey was a limited addition as I don't see it listed on the Estee Lauder website.

2 comments:

  1. I really like this one you, but I just know it wouldn't work on my pout - too brown.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Michaela - it's quite sheer so you natural lip colour will show through and if yours it pink/red it will temper the brown and work very nicely.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. Your feedback is appreciated.