Tuesday, January 3, 2012

The Versatile Blogger Award

I’m still in holiday mode despite heading back to work today. Thankfully my office is 80% empty this week and I’m able to catch up on administrative things and finish off outstanding project work from last year.

So you can imagine my pleasant surprise today when I found out that Saumya at the Vanity Bag Diaries has bestowed upon me the Versatile Blogger Award which I want to thank her warmly for.
I must be out of the blogging loop and hiding under a rock lately because I haven’t heard of this award before so I thought I better look it up. What I found is that the Versatile Award is not so much an award as such, but rather, a tagging game with only 3 simple rules:
  • Thank and acknowledge the person who awarded you this award
  • Share 7 random facts about yourself
  • Pass this award along to 15 blogs you enjoy reading.
So again, many thanks to Saumya for this tagging me this award.

Now for the7 random facts about me in the order of randomness:
  1. I’m the eldest of 3 which puts me squarely in Miss Bossy Boots territory. My sister and brother probably didn’t appreciate it when they were younger, but I hope they can now because the responsibility for me was huge – afterall, I was only doing mummy’s calling.
  2. I have a bronze medal in latin dance for Salsa – don’t ask me how but I do from my uni years. I wished I continued and tried for my silver medal because I would love to have some of those groovy moves these days.
  3. I hate mock cream – you know, the whipped butter and icing sugar stuff. Do not even try to make me eat anything with it unless you want me to shoot dagger eyes at you.
  4. I was a tom-boy in my teens and most of my uni life. How could that be when I’m crazy about makeup and beauty I can’t explain. I must have lost my boyish good looks after one too many girly makeup transformations :D
  5. I love musicals and it didn’t start with Glee. The sound of Music, The King and I, My Fair Lady - I could watch those musicals over and over again. Oh, I love going to theatres to watch musical shows too.
  6. I’m very minimalistic when it comes to work makeup even though I own a truckload of it. I spend more time layering on my skincare and sunscreen than I do on eye shadows... a base to even out my skintone, blush for some colour, liquid eyeliner and mascara and a lip gloss and I’m out the door most mornings.
  7. I have read every Christopher Pike novel ever written in high school. Yes, I used to devour a book within a day. These days, I can’t even finish a novel in a year. I guess my taste have changed but if Mr. Pike ever released any new titles, I’ll be picking up a copy on launch day.
I hope you find some or all these quirky facts about me interesting. Now, I will pass along this Versatile Award tag to the following wonderful Australian bloggers.

6 comments:

  1. Ahhh! I LOVE Christopher Pike, I think I read every book the library had a million times. :) Nice to see I wasn't alone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Which ones were your favourite? I loved the Remember Me series and the Midnight Club - I reckon they should make a book out of it. If they can make Twilight sell in the box office, they can make Remember sell like hot cakes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankyou so much for my award! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow thanks so much for passing this on, I did the Liebster award just last week, hehe. I don't think I am going to have much luck though in finding 15 blogs to pass this award onto that have not already been tagged, lol. I had a hard enough time finding 5 with the last one. I do love the 7 random facts idea though, great to learn a bit more about the person behind the blog. Cheers darl and Happy New Year to you as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww! Thank you for the award lovely <3 <3 :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the award Amy :)

    I was a big fan of Christopher Pike books back in school. My friends and I used to swap his books (and RL Stine ones too) in secret as we weren't allowed to bring non-educational books to school :P

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. Your feedback is appreciated.