Thursday, January 19, 2012

Mac Lip Pencil - Dervish

When I went shopping last month with the lovely lip queen Akisa of Beauty Swatch, I asked for her recommendation on a few lip products for everyday wear. 

Today I’ll share with you one of the lip liners she recommended me.

MAC Lip Pencil Dervish
Description
A pencil designed for shaping, lining or filling in the lip. Lip Pencils have a smooth, creamy texture that is perfect for lining the lips or filling them in. They are long-lasting and available in a wide selection of colours that each work well with many different lipstick shades. The colour of Lip Pencils is protected by Vitamin E, which acts as an anti-oxidant. Lip Pencils can be worn alone, with Lipstick, or Lipglass. 
Dervish on NC30 skin
  • This cool dusty rose colour is an understated pink shade with a brown beige undertone. I detected micro gold shimmers from it when looking closely but this would not visible to others.
  • Dervish is a my-lips-but-better shade, it doesn’t give the distinct line look and enhances lip to give a fuller look without ever looking too obvious.
  • Works well on pigmented lips, even where I have darker edges around my lips, it really evens out the lip tones well. 
  • Dervish works well as a soft base for lip glosses, especially those that don’t have a lot of pigment. It is a very versatile lip liner and can be used with cool pinks , peachy or brown based lip sticks. 
  • The lead is not too hard that it tugs, instead, it glides on easily and last several hours without feeling dry at all.

RRP A$30 | US$14 from MAC counters. I bought this for A$18 at the Estee Lauder staff shop.

3 comments:

  1. Looks like I need to dwell into MAC Lip Pencils! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the gorgeous rose shade. It is such a shame that MAC is so overpriced in Australia though!

    I’m having a Make Me An Offer beauty blog sale at the moment. Pop on over and you may just find yourself a bargain.

    http://beastandbeauty.wordpress.com/2012/01/19/make-me-an-offer-beauty-blog-sale/

    M x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you liked Dervish!! I love it too~~

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. Your feedback is appreciated.