Saturday, February 4, 2012

Kose Softymo Airy Whip Cleansing Facial Wash

Despite living in Australia and them being not readily accessible,  I'm finding that I'm enjoying using Asian brand products in skincare. Most of the time I find that they are more suitable for my skin type and address many of the typical Asian skin concerns. Today’s skincare review is on a Japanese facial cleanser that is a part of my regular skincare routine.

Kose Softymo Airy Whip
Description:
Fine and rich foam, which gently cleans away the dirt on skin. It feels like a spa treat to face.
Spray-foam design, it has the finest foam, which is gentle and does not cause any irritation to skin. It has 5 natural plant moisturizing ingredients, which leaves skin supple afterwards. It has a delightful floral scent. It can be pumped around 100 times.
  • This is a foaming cleanser reminds me of the Dove foaming makeup remover. In fact they have a similar scent and the only difference I can visually see is that Airy Whip has finer foams.
  • The dispenser is very responsive and a light gentle press gives a stream of airy moussey foam. These foam are very fine and rich and it feels very soft when rubbing it around the face. I love how there is no need to lather up and your skin feels caressed by a million bubbles when using this product for cleansing and doesn’t sting when the product gets into the eyes.
  • I use this in evenings after removal of makeup to clear off residues of oil, makeup and the makeup remover itself and find it to be a highly effective cleanser, rubbing it into my face in circular motion until the foams disappears.
  • My skin feels airy soft and light, not too dry or tight. In my opinion, this cleanser works best for oily/combo skin as it helps to remove excess sebum but if you have dry skin, I would think this cleanser could be drying as it is such an effective cleaning agent.
  • As for ingredients, I’m not too sure as it’s printed in Japanese at the back of the can. Any Japenese readers care to help me check the translation? I’ve used Cosdna to find a translated list it and came up with the following although I can’t be sure of its accuracy.
Ingredients: Water, Butylene Glycol, TEA-Cocoate, Cocamide DEA, Lauryl Betaine, Equisetum arvense, Pinus Sylvestris Cone, Lemon extract, Rosmarinus officinalis, EDTA-2Na, PEG-3 COCAMIDE, PEG-6 COCAMIDE, Polyquaternium-39, Sodium chloride, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Fragrance, Lpropylene Glycol, Whip Extract
Airy whip Ingredients in Japanese - anyone can confirm the translation?
For those that love the feel and freshness of foaming cleansers, Airy Whip is definitely something to try out.

Kose Softymo Airy Whip 180g RRP ~A$12 | US$13 . This was bought from Sasa.com but it seems to currently be out of stock and you may have to try ebay for those of us who are not in Asia where it’s readily available.

What type of cleansers do you like using?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. Your feedback is appreciated.