Monday, January 3, 2011

Au Voir & My Travel Skincare Kit

In a few short hours time, I'll be flying out of Melbourne and heading to tropical SE Asia with my family for the next 4 weeks.

I wish I could pack my whole table full of skincare products from home with me, but I planned on travelling light and want to leave as much space as possible for the quintessential Asian bargain shopping to be had.

So culling products and travel packs are the way to go for me over the next 4 weeks. These tried and trusted items will going to be on my skincare travel kit:

Cleansers: 50ml travel size ASAP daily facial cleanser & daily exfoliating facial scrub. 
Moisturisers/serums: Prevage Advance Anti-aging serum & ASAP Super C serum 
Day moisturiser: Vitacreme B & Neutrogena Healthy Defence daily moisturiser SPF30+ for oily/combo skin 
Night moisturiser: Roc Retin-Ox Intensive Anti-wrinkle night cream 
Eyes: Olay Regenerist Anti-aging eye roller 
Lips: Blistex Ultra Lip Balm SPF 30+ 
Body/hands: Auscreen Active Clear Zinc Lotion SPF30+ and Banana Boat Sports sunscreen SPF 30+ for the body &amp Skin Doctors Younger Hands and a travel size of L'Occitane's Rose hand cream
Other Miscellaneous items:
  • 2 big cans of tropical strength Aerogards to fend off the mozzies for the whole family. 
  • Prescribed Elocon for any insect bites and itches
  • Vitamin supplements of fish oils, bio-zinc and iron tablets to make sure I've got all the energy and vitamins intake I need to have a fairly active holiday
  • Cotton wools, buds and Garnier Clean Sensitive wet cleansing wipes 
  • a manicare kit containing nail clipper, nail file, tweezers and a small pair of scissors

I know it seems like a load of products to lug around and not much culling was done, but trust me, it was difficult to not try and pack 3 different types of moisturisers and 3 eye creams.  Most of these items are travel size and some of the items are almost finished so I just want to use them up and throw them out before buying new items whilst on my travels.

While I'm off, my blog will not be updated regularly (unless in the unlikely event that I find chunks of time in some internet cafe in Vietnam and Cambodia). Catch you all next month when I get back.

Lilpil
xx

6 comments:

  1. Hope you enjoy your holiday, will miss your posts but I'm sure you'll haul envy-inducing prodz you will post about when you get back=D

    xx emmabovary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just received my MHB voucher that I won, thank you for the samples inside! A lovely little surprise xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jade :-) So far lots of shopping done. Non beauty buys yet though...

    Emma - I'm glad you enjoyed your prize. Been going out and exploring KL for the past 2 days and only just had a chance to get online now. I feel so out of touch :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a fun-filled holiday!!! Eat eat eat and shop shop shop!

    www.thebestbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. Your feedback is appreciated.