Monday, November 22, 2010

NOTD: Ulta3 Pepper Pot

For the past 4 weeks, I've been going through a phase and have been hell bent on finding the perfect red nail colour. Not the bright screaming red or vampy red, but the classic blue-based pillar-box red.

In less than 2 days last month, I've acquired 4 different reds and although I loved them, they just weren't what I was looking for. So when Jacie over at You'veGotNail showcased this particular red, I knew I had to run out and buy it too to see if it was the red I've been missing.

And for it to come from Ulta3 - the brand that I keep hearing many raves for their quality, colour, range and mini price of A$2 each (I bought mine for A$2.50), it was all the persuasion that I need (like I needed any).

Now I've never seen Ulta 3 nail colours sold at my local chemist so never bothered to really go hunt for them in obscure places. But when I got word of a local pharmacy in the CBD stocking it, I was all over there in a heart beat during my lunch break today. And this is what I have to show for it.

Ulta3 - Pepper Pot
  • Pillar Box Red? - I think so. It is a deep blue based red so looks very flattering on my skin. 
  • 2 coats and it's all smooth and shiny for this vibrant creme shade.
  • The lacquer itself is not too thick or runny in consistency and made application easy-peasy with no streaky problems at all.
  • I haven't worn this for more than 3 hours today so cannot yet comment about staying power, but for the look and price, if it chips, I'll happily re-apply.
2 coats in natural light

Classic Red for less than a cup of coffee? Yes please any day! 

RRP A$2- $2.50 at selected Pharmacies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. Your feedback is appreciated.