Thursday, April 14, 2011

Rimmel London - Colour Show off Lipstick in Red Fever

I recently bought new storage (a 5 drawer unit that's almost a meter high) in an attempt to organise my clutter and give a proper home and place to my growing beauty stash. In the cleaning up process, I found a bag of Rimmel goodies I got last year from one of the GWPs that had a lipstick, eyeliner and nailpolish in the set.

I've never gotten around to trying it out as I wasn't that impressed with the last Rimmel eyeliner I bought (it was too smudgy on me) and then I kind of forgot about the whole case... until I saw it again the other day. I pulled out the lipstick and must admit, it looked to be the perfect Red that I've been looking for a while now and all that time I had one sitting in my stash.

Rimmel Colour Show Off Lipstick - Red Fever

swatched in indoor white lighting
  • The perfect strong red against my medium NC30 skintone.There is no hint of orange or blue undertones in this shade, just pure red goodness. 
  • Medium to full coverage, this pigmented lip colour goes on opaque and has quite a matte finish. 
  • Although not quite creamy, it is non-drying and applies smoothly from the tube and is lightweight on lips.
  • This lipstick is tasteless but there is a plum fruit scent to it - I personally don't mind it at all.   
  • As with most bold colours, it's best to use a lip brush to do applications to get precise lines around the lips. 
  • wear wise, I got about 2-3 hours without food, which is dramatically reduced when I drank from a glass or ate anything. 
  • To enhance it's wearability, I would condition lips well before applying the lipstick and maybe dab a little bit of gloss over it just to give it some added dimension since the matte finish can make it look flat. 

Overall, I think for the price point and pigmentation, this is a great lipstick to have, especially if it comes in the colour that you are after. The only downside is that it are only 6 shades available and I'd love to see them expand this line with more colour options in the near future.



RRP A$14.95 at selected Priceline, David Jones and selected pharmacies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. Your feedback is appreciated.