Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Review: Lancôme Hynose Drama Mascara

As the seasons change, I tend to also change mascaras. Not for anything else other than the fact that you are meant to change mascara every 3 months to prevent bacteria growth (leading to eye infections) and the product usually dries out and give clumpy lashes in that time frame.

Recently I've been using a new Lancôme mascara and I am very happy with its results compared to the last Lancôme one I've tried.

Lancôme Hypnose Drama in Expressive black
  • Has a slight S shaped curved thick bristled brush to provide extra lifting power to lashes. Usually I think it's gimmicky but the shape of this brush really agrees with my lashes and gives great lift.
  • The bristles grab lashes well and gives a even coating of the formula for excellent volumising and defining results -ravishingly thick and lengthened lashes.
  • Non-clumpy, flaking or smudging, these are probably the next things I look for in mascara to avoid the 'racoon eye' look. This mascara didn't give me any problems during the entire day. 
  • Love the signature rose scented formula - although my lashes don't appreciate it, my nostrils do and it adds to the pleasant experience of the mascara application. 
bare lashes

Lancôme Hypnose Drama - 2 coats, no eyelash curler used
This is a beautiful mascara that delivers what I need most - volume and length and best of all it doesn't give me panda eyes. If the budget permits, I'd be using this every day for the rest of my life

RRP A$52/US$25 at Lancôme counters and selected pharmacies.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, look at that price difference! I really wish we lived in the states sometimes -_-

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know - especially when we are above parity too.

    Hopefully we see more price adjustments from the brands soon as they did back in Feb.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. Your feedback is appreciated.