Wednesday, September 5, 2012
It's September again, which means it's also Liptember month. If you haven't heard of Liptember before, it's a campaign that is all about raising awareness and funds for women's mental health issues in Australia.
To help combat this and provide support programs, a group of like-minded people to formed Liptember to provide a gateway for much needed support and research on the lifestyle choices and health issues to Australia women.
Where will the funds raised go to?
All proceeds will go towards:
- Centre for Womens' Mental Health, a non-profit body who provides national research and programs for gender specific mental health issues for woman
- Lifeline - a 24hour criris support service that connects Australian with trained volunteers to provide emotional support anytime, anywhere.
How to get involved?
Well you can in a few easy options.
- You can sign yourself up (either as n indvidual or as a group) as a Liptember fundraiser and get starting with canvassing for donations.
- Make a donation directly to the Liptember foundation and/or by sponsoring a Liptember fundraiser
- Buy a Liptember lipbalm (RRP A$10) by Burts Bee at any Myer or Lorna Jane store national wide. This is a light rose tinted balm with a light berry scent that feels smooth and hydrating on lips and keeps them smooth for hours will imparting a hint of colour to your lip.
|The Liptember shade (rose) and badge|
It's over to you now to help make a difference. Remember small gestures amount to great things.