Wednesday, August 31, 2011
Hyper-pigmentation has recently been an issue with me. I’m not sure whether it’s caused by hormonal imbalances, inadvertent sun exposure or some other external aggravators but I’m finding more tiny pigmentation marks appearing around the eye area this year. That is why I’m always on the lookout for products that promises to address pigmentation and even out skintone.
Having won Marie Claire's 2011 Prix De'Excellence International Award and garnering high praises everywhere else, I was very curious to try Clinique's re-formulated 'damage eraser'.
- Contains patent pending CL-302 complex which combines 5 ingredients to address pigmentation: Dianella Ensifolia, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Blackout Yeast Extract which addresses pigmentation by gently brightening skin and glucosamine and Salicylic Acid to normalise skin pigmentation over production and to help soften skin and increase cell turnover. Other star ingredients which also tackle pigmentations are Acetyl glucosamine and grapefruit extract, another skin brightener to deliver a powerful anti-pigmentation punch.
- Is a light milky fluid with a pleasant scent, it absorbs easily and leaves no visible sheen or grease. You hardly realise it was there if not for skin being so much smoother and softer to the touch afterwards.
- Performs well with fading scar marks – my blemish marks from hormonal outbreaks were gone in 1 week when they normally take 3 or 4 weeks to fade on its own.
- Works equally well to prevent further darkening of freckles, sun spots or pigmentation. It really stops those marks on its tracks.
- Lightens existing pigmentations - after 4 weeks of daily use, the newly formed pigmentations are lighter and barely visible and are invisible under light makeup. The older pigmentation spots are slightly lighter, but I haven’t notice a big difference to say WOW yet. Skintone is definitely brighter and more even throughout .
- Treated early, this serum will definitely lighten and fade pigmentation spot and dark marks till they are barely visible. Whilst it won’t completely erase the older dark pigmentation marks, they do become lighter.
This is now my go-to daily serum for hydration with the added surety that it's slowly helping to fade my existing pigmentation. I highly recommend this serum if you have pigmentation concerns and want to gently fade without irritations to skin that other more aggressive products may cause.
Water, dimethicone, isododecane, cyclopentasiloxane, polysilicone-11, butylene glycol, ascorbyl glucoside, peg-10 dimethicone, curcuma longa (turmeric) root extract,oryza sativa (rice) bran extract, citrus grandis (grapefruit) peel extract, hordeum vulgare (barley) extract\extrait d'orge, triticum vulgare (wheat) germ extract, betula alba (birch) bark extract, cucumis sativus (cucumber) fruit extract, dimethoxytolyl propylresorcinol, scutellaria baicalensis root extract, morus bombycis (mulberry) root extract, trametes versicolor extract, saccharomyces lysate extract, yeast extract\faex\extrait de levure, peg-6, tromethamine, salicylic acid, polysorbate 20, cholesterol, isohexadecane, propylene glycol dicaprate, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seedcake, caffeine, tocopheryl acetate, acetyl glucosamine, simethicone, glycyrrhetinic acid, polysorbate 80, sodium hyaluronate, di-c12-18 alkyl dimonium chloride, sodium rna, squalane, sodium sulfite, sodium metabisulfite, caprylyl glycol, hexylene glycol, ammonium acryloyldimethyltaurate/vp copolymer, acrylamide/sodium acryloyldimethyltaurate copolymer, disodium edta, phenoxyethanol, yellow 6 (ci 15985), yellow 5 (ci 19140)RRP A$92 at Clinique counters now.
This product was provided for consideration.