Sunday, November 21, 2010

Illamasqua Melbourne Launch

The day started as a gathering with the beautiful MBBE girls for a serious session of Yum Cha at Shark Fin House. That 2 hours long session then eventually saw us meandering down to the shops to look at makeup (as we tend to do) and before we knew it, it was time to head over to Illamasqua at Myer Bourke St Mall for their launch event.

Illamasqua is a UK cult beauty brand that has last month launched into the Australian market. Only 2 years young, they have already made an impact to the world of cosmetics and the creative stage makeup industry or anyone partial to the alternative culture with their array of bold and pure colours. The motto of Illamasqua is to 'unleash your alter ego' and bring out the bolder, more confident you within so you can walk into the night with drama and colour.

Exclusively partnered with Myer, Illamasqua  has already set up counters in Sydney, Bondi and Brisbane, Robina stores and this weekend, Melbourne joins the coveted list that enables us to experience the artistic flairs the Illamasqua team brings. To celebrate the occasion, a few lucky Melbourne beauty bloggers were invited to join in the fun and play with the beautiful vibrant makeup in the latest Art of Darkness collection. I was lucky enough to participate thanks to Christabel from TheMakeupMole.


Illamasqua wall display - absolute stunning show of their products

Nail and lash bar - I want all the shades!

Illamasqua look books - Art of Darkness collections
Being a brush addict, I want all these beautiful brushes
I was overwhelmed by all these beautiful things waiting for me to play with all at once - the displays were amazing and vibrant, the colours so bold. We all marvelled at the exquisite mannequin hand painted and flown all the way in from London this week.
expressive mannequins - Illamasqua Style as inspired by Alex Box (creative director)
and after that wandered around and started to play with the colours and the manequins...
playing around (Violet, Hannah, Tine)

Jess & Daniella showcasing a fine piece of art
Our little refreshing treats
We then got serious and had some one-on-one time with make up artists to unleash our alter egos:
Daniella with her MUA

Valerie's alter ego was created by Illamasqua international creative trainer Daniel - I think there's an avatar inspiration in there somewhere
my rather conservative alter ego - the colours were 5x bolder in real life I swear. I <3 the look

In all, I had the most amazing time. If not for my expired parking meter, I would have stayed to play around until the the guys at Illamasqua kicked me out.  But of course I could not leave empty handed after finding so many new pleasures to play with. Here's my purchase and products from the goodie bag we each received.

I've put about another dozen items on my wishlist and will slowly work my way through them :)

Brow cake powder in Motto
Lipstick in Box* - review soon for swatch see below
medium pencil in Sophie *

*items were received from the event.

For more photos of the day, click here

Close-up showcasing the intricate artwork of the mannequin

Which lash is your alter ego?

With my talent MUA Giselle - she is wonder woman

With Valerie (her dress blued up here to enhance her looks)

With Tine
I may update with more photos for the other bloggers who attended once I get the professional photos taken by James.

I'll sign off by leaving you with the tantalising colour that is Illamasqua Box. I'll be posting a review of it later this week.

**Update**
More photos below from James

Group shot of bloggers attending

Violet & Valerie

With Violet

lipglosses

blushes
Wall design
With Violet again

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a great day had by all :) I didn't know Illamasqua had launched in Melbourne yet. Will swing by to check it out soon! Really like that lip colour too - can't wait to read the review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They only opened up their counteres on Saturday so it is still pretty spanking new :)

    Do pop by to try out their wicked liquid metal cream shadows and lipsticks - they are pretty amazing stuff.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. Your feedback is appreciated.