Sunday, October 31, 2010

Wedding Skincare - Babor Express Relief Fluid

Today's I'm really excited to share with you a post from reader Ling who has decided to impart with us her wisdom on how to achieve glowing clear skin that all brides (and the rest of us) covet for their big day.

"I recently got married and every girl knows how important and hard it is to look flawless with radiant skin on the big day. The task is made more difficult with all the pre-wedding last minute stress and lack of sleep on the night before the big day. I have seen a few brides who have a sudden breakout of spots and walk down the aisle caked in concealer…but thank God for them, there is always Photoshop!

I was, however, determined to avoid the caked-in-concealer look and avoid the obviously Photoshopped-skin wedding photos. I asked my friend who is a professional beautician for advice and she recommended using Babor Express Relief Fluid



About the Brand
Originating from Germany over 50 years ago, Babor has established itself as one of the most trusted professional skincare brands in the world today with cosmetic institutes and exclusive day spas in over 60 countries worldwide including Norway, Dubai, New York and all the Golden Door day spas throughout Australia. Babor defines exclusive cosmetics and wellness products, and epitomises outstanding product quality, highly effective ingredients and professional treatments.


Babor Express Relief Fluid
“Express Relief Fluid provides immediate relief in the event of skin irritations. Extracts of cardiospermum boost the skin’s resistant and instantly soothe irritations. In a complex biotechnological procedure, processed extracts of echium, which are rich in Omega-3 fatty acids, strengthen the “cement” that holds the skin cells together and protect against moisture loss, leaving the skin looking calmer, more relaxed and less reddened.”

A box of this contains 7 glass ampoules with 2ml of single use beauty fluid.

7 days before the wedding, I started applying this every evening after my normal cleansing routine. To break the glass ampoule, just wrap tissue around the neck and gently snap it open at the lower coloured ring. I used my hands to apply the fluid all over my face, neck and decolletage. 

The lightly-scented fluid has a slightly oily texture and my skin was like a sponge and soaked up the beauty fluid effortlessly, but best of all, it did not leave an oily film. The instructions say that cream can be applied afterwards, but I didn’t feel like my skin needed it so I didn’t bother.
When I woke up in the morning, my skin felt soft and supple and any red blemishes I had miraculously disappeared. I truly believe that because I applied the Express Relief fluid every day for 7 days, I had flawless and radiant skin for my wedding day, considering I was super-stressed and suffered from sleep deprivation. 

Because of the smooth texture of my skin, it made it so much easier for my wedding make-up artist because make-up would just glide on and stay put. My make-up looked fresh and natural and I did not touch up my make-up at all for the whole day!

Here is some photographic evidence (no Photoshop retouching performed, honest!):
Glowing Ling
And my husband, who usually has glowing skin and no spots whatsoever, unfortunately suffered from a zit breakout on the wedding day. He should have used Babor Express Relief Fluid - lol!
Spotty forehead hubby on the day


Verdict: Babor Express Fluid - I don’t just like it, I LOVE it!"
Thanks for sharing Ling. 

RRP A$75.  This was purchased directly from Ling's beautician, but it is available online or at your nearest Babor institute salons.


In her late 20s, Ling is a Scottish-born Chinese dentist who recently relocated to Melbourne after meeting and marrying “The One” while she was travelling in Australia last year. She has always spent way too much money on skincare and beauty products (in fact, her first salary was spent on - not one, not two, but - three La Mer products!)
Ling also pens her thoughts at her own personal blog and newly hatched beauty blog (this is one super-busy woman here). She is currently providing free smile analysis so go check her sites out and find out how you can get your own pearly whites diagnosed :)

2 comments:

  1. Woohoooooooooo! Thanks Lilpil for your support. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your lovely write up Ling :)

    Good luck with your Trip back to Glasglow to visit family and see your grandma for the last time.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. Your feedback is appreciated.