Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Review: Scott Barnes Posh Blush Palette

Scott Barnes is one of those inspiring makeup artist who started life in New York as a fashion photographer and quickly moved into makeup artistry. He is famous for making J.Lo look amazing by creating the signature "lit from within" glow look.  He launched his own cosmetics lines and his items have been coveted by celebrities and fashionistas alike for their versatility and wearability from catwalk to work.


So when I recently saw a palette from him available for sale online, I was just too curious to pass it up especially since I love blush. More so when they are in any shades of pink or peach.


The Chic Palette in Posh is a trio of 3 pink hued blushes that are meant to work together to give you the sculpted look. In the pan these pinks look mightly bright and scary. Thankfully they are quite sheer in making is goof-proof so you cannot over-apply.

The contour shade is a cotton pink colour that is a little too cool on my skin. The blush colour is a medium pink with a hint of peach which is just gorgeous.

The 3rd colour is highlight is a shimmery pale pink that would serve as a great highlight for face or eyes.  Both contour and blush shade are a sheen finish and sit beautifully on the skin while the highlight colour is slightly chalky in texture and I find looks best when applied with a duo fibre brush. This blush did give me the lit from within glow when I lightly built it up using the aformentioned brush. I'm really loving the look and have been using this blush this week.



The generous pan sizes are quite large and the sleek slimline packaging makes it easy to throw into any makeup case without taking up too much space. Whilst I like all 3 colours, the cotton pink and highlight are slightly too cool on my skin and I would only use the mid-tone pinky peach blush colour with only one of the other colours on my cheeks, and not all three at once in any of my looks.


Rating: 8/10 (They would have received a higher rating if I could use all 3 colours all at once)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. Your feedback is appreciated.